Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Hyperthyroidism - a disease caused by negative emotions

I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism back in 2006 when I had my pre-employment medical check-up. The doctor said that my heart beat was faster than the normal rate. I was really scared that I might have a heart problem so I went through an ECG test (Electrocardiograph) to check if there is indeed an abnormality with my heart. The test result showed that my heart was perfectly fine. Aside from heart palpitation, among the symptoms present in me were loss of weight and fatigue so my doctor send me for a blood test.  True enough there is a problem with my thyroid gland. I was suffering from Hyperthyroidism.  

Thyroid Gland
  
Hyperthyroidism is a condition in which the thyroid gland is overactive producing  an excessive amount of thyroid hormones that circulates in the blood. What are the cause of this disease? Based on Svetla Bankova's book "Life manual for Graves Disease & Hyperthyroidism", there are psychological characteristics of people who are most likely to develop this disease. The root of all this characteristic is having a negative emotion.
 
When I evaluated myself, I found that I was going through a lot of stress, anxiety and over fatigue from different aspects of my life. I was UNHAPPY.  There are a lot of issues in my life. I hated my previous job. I feel overwhelm with family matters. I went through a break-up. I was living an  unhealthy lifestyle. All these are too much negative emotions. It's true that diseases are messages that we need to listen to. But often times, we just get rid of the sickness but not really addressing what's the underlying cause. We should not just take the pill but need also to evaluate ourselves. Let's get rid of all the negative emotions, try to live a healthy life and trust God to take control of our lives.


2 comments:

  1. Self evaluation and equipping yourself with the right knowledge are important aspects of healing. Knowing is half the battle. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, i agree... Knowledge is power! Good thing there are blogs like yours that share information on health and wellness. Kudos to our blogs! ;)

    ReplyDelete